Head Start and Early Head Start Representatives come together monthly to discuss and guide the direction of the program.
Head Start and Early Head Start families are enrolled in locations across Forsyth County, NC. Many attend a Head Start and/or Early Head Start program within a private childcare location or at a Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools location. These locations are referred to as sites. Policy Council Representatives have been elected by the parents at their Head Start/ Early Head Start site.
The Policy Council is made up of at least 51% of currently enrolled Head Start/Early Head Start parents/primary caregivers. The rest of the Policy Council being Community Representatives and former Head Start and Early Head Start parents.
2019-2020 Policy Council Representatives
- Justin Freeman, President and Sarah Y. Austin Representative
- Brian Cager, Former Parent Representative
- Ashanique Brannon, Carver Child Development Representative
- Doritha Hall, Mineral Springs Elementary School Representative
- Monique Vance, Bethlehem Community Center Representative
- Junancily Perez, Sarah Y. Austin Representative
- Beverly Davis, North Hills Elementary Representative
- Courtney Gaines, Former Parent
- Elizabeth Miller, Maxx Kinder Kollege Representative
- Bryanna Brown, Quality Education Institute Representative
- Trina Stephens, Community Representative, MDC
- Malissa Miller, Community Representative, Department of Social Services
- Shamika Williamson, Winston-Salem State University Child Development Representative
- Vanetra Hidalgo Rabago, Winston-Salem State University Child Development Alternate Representative
Policy Council Meeting Information for 2019-2020
Policy Council meetings for current members run from October through September. No meeting is held in July. Meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Dinner and childcare care provided. Representatives can participate remotely as needed.