Strengthening Families Program
Looking for ways to bring your family closer?
We help you play a more active role to give your child the tools to be more successful in school…and in life.
Our Strengthening Families Program® for parents and their youth between 7–17 years old features fun, interactive activities and learning games that build on family strengths, encourage an appreciation for one another, and improve parents’ relationships with their children.
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) is a nationally and internationally recognized, evidence-based family skills training program for both high-risk and general population families.
What You’ll Learn
- How to more effectively communicate and resolve conflict at home
- How to show love while setting limits
- How to set family rules and incentivize the children to follow the rules
- Stress management techniques
- How to effectively monitor youth to keep them away from drugs and alcohol
- How to spend more quality time together as a family
- Positive discipline techniques
- Skills your child can use to handle peer pressure and build a positive future
- How to grow as a family and reach personal goals
- Held once a week for 8 weeks
- Two hours per week, typically from 6-8 PM
- Weeknights and weekends available
- Each family is paired with a coach for a personalized, engaging experience
- Virtual or in-person classes offered
- Available in English and Spanish
- Gift card incentives for program completion
- All family types are welcome
From Parents Who Participated
“I learned to be a personal trainer, NOT punisher”
“Having an outside person reinforce the importance of these positive parenting techniques made them easier for my spouse to receive.”
“We realized that as a family, we are overly sarcastic, blame one another, and tend to take offense. The LUV-Listen, I-Messages and showing respect lessons will definitely be utilized. I have found myself doing this more and more. I think it’s so important for my kids to know that I am listening and understand what they need.”
Download a flyer to learn more information:
Strengthening Families Referral Form
This referral form is meant to be used by parents/caretakers interested in enrolling into the Strengthening Families Program, or by professionals referring a family. Youth participants must be between 7 and 17 years old and reside in Forsyth County. At least one parent/guardian is required to participate with their enrolled youth.
The program takes place once per week, typically from 6–8 PM, via Zoom or in-person at Family Services. SFP runs continuously throughout the year. The program is free for Forsyth County residents.
After submitting this form, you will be contacted by the Strengthening Families Program Coordinator. If you have questions, please email Courtney Perry, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (336) 722-8173.