Our volunteers make a big difference.
Every day, Family Services depends on a team of trained volunteers to assist our clients in various ways.
Our volunteers come from across our community — school children, college students, employees of local companies and universities, church groups and the United Way. Many find our “Done in a Day” projects to be perfect for groups. Opportunities include:
- Reading to Head Start children
- Supporting Early Head Start teachers
- Attending to our Healing Gardens landscaping
- Maintenance and updates to the Women’s Shelter and other Family Services facilities
- Family Services event volunteer
We also hold volunteer training sessions throughout the year during which volunteers learn to relate effectively to others in need.
- Listening skills
- Crisis intervention
- Domestic violence
- Sexual assault
- Diversity in the population
- Criminal justice
- Community resources
- Trauma response
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
Complete our online Volunteer Interest Form, let us know your interests, and we will follow-up with you.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, call Family Services at 336.722.8173. For information about our next Safe Relationships training sessions, please ask for Kenyetta Richmond.