Since 1965, Family Services has been Forsyth County’s local provider of Head Start, the leader in early learning, health, and family well being that promotes the school readiness of children ages 3 to 5 years old from low-income families.
More than Classroom Education
Head Start promotes your child’s reasoning, social, emotional and motor skills as well as self-help and language development by using a creative curriculum that encourages young children to learn through play.
Additional services include:
- Physical health activities and screenings
- Social and emotional health screenings and services
- A variety of volunteer activities and opportunities for parent involvement
- Assistance with social services, if and when needed
- Assessment and follow-up services to help children with disabilities and special needs
cope and adapt
The following documents are required to process your application: