Got a job, got a kid, need a car?
We help people find dependable transportation at a reasonable cost.
Many people take reliable transportation for granted. But to some, owning a car means the difference between getting and keeping a job or staying in school.
Through our partnership with Ways to Work®, Family Services helps individuals and families become more self-sufficient. We guide people who make less than 80% of median income to secure a low-interest loan to purchase a pre-owned vehicle or repair an existing vehicle.
A Pathway to a New Life
Over 75% of our clients see their lives improve and become more financially independent after completing the program. More than just a car loan program, Ways to Work includes financial education and support to working families with challenging credit histories. Clients who participate are better positioned to move up in the workforce and achieve increased self-sufficiency.
For information about Ways to Work, contact Family Services at 336.722.8173.
- Be a resident of Forsyth County.
- Be employed for the last 9 months, working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Have physical and legal custody of a minor child. Have a valid NC driver’s license.
- Have sufficient disposable income to repay the loan.
- Have household income that does not exceed certain limits.
- Be at least 18 years old