Give your child the educational, health, nutrition and social services to be their best.
Because every child in our community deserves the best possible start in life.
Since 1965, Family Services has been Forsyth County’s local provider of Head Start, the leader in early learning, health, and family well being that promotes the school readiness of children ages 3 to 5 years old from low-income families.
More than Classroom Education
Head Start promotes your child’s reasoning, social, emotional and motor skills as well as self-help and language development by using a creative curriculum that encourages young children to learn through play.
Additional services include:
- Physical health activities and screenings
- Social and emotional health screenings and services
- A variety of volunteer activities and opportunities for parent involvement
- Assistance with social services, if and when needed
- Assessment and follow-up services to help children with disabilities and special needs
cope and adapt
The following documents are required to process your application:
- Proof of Income
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate (legal documentation of the parent or custodial)
- Your Picture I.D.
- Your Child’s Immunization Record
Family Services Child Development staff develop caring, supportive relationships with our Head Start children and families. Our staff have many years of instruction and expertise in education, health, mental health and social work, and conduct screenings to detect any problems at the earliest stage.
- Family Advocate
- Interpreter/Translator/Cultural Liaison
- Education Specialist
- Disabilities Specialist
- Program Managers
- Enrollment Specialist
- Food Services and Nutrition Director
- Development and Training Specialist
For more information about Head Start programs in Forsyth County, contact Family Services Child Development Program at 336.727.0617.